Untitled Document

Our Venues

Our concerts normally take place in Iffley village, in St Mary's Church or the nearby Church Hall, Oxford OX4 4EG. Parking is usually available in adjoining streets. St Mary's Church was built around 1160 and is one of the most admired Norman churches in the country. The Church Hall may include remnants of a mediaeval tithe barn and from 1838 to 1961 functioned as the village school.

Iffley village is on the left bank of the Thames, about 2 miles by towpath, road, or bus route (No. 3 or 3A) from the centre of Oxford. Historically, the first written record of the village dates from the 10th century but its name then (Gifteleia) suggests a much earlier Anglo-Saxon origin. It is a designated Conservation Area.